One of the most common questions we get from homeowners when we come to their home deals with whether or not a tree is diseased. It is a great question because it is often times very hard to tell. Here are some ways that you can tell that something is wrong with your tree:
1) Dead or dying limbs. This is probably one of the most obvious signs. Sometimes certain parts of the tree will begin to die off. Sometimes it will be at the top of the tree and sometimes at the bottom. However, when you begin to see signs like this, you know that something is wrong. It is at this moment it is helpful to contact a tree removal company. They have the experience to help you combat against dying trees.
2) Insects. It is often helpful to keep an eye out for insects. Certain insects will eat away your leaves thus having negative effects on the tree long term.
3) Mushrooms growing at the bottom of trees. This is something we see a lot. We will find a tree that is dead with mushrooms at the bottom. If you see this happening, it is important that you get rid of them as fast as you can.
4) Finally, New growth at the bottom of the tree. Sometimes you will see new shoots beginning to sprout up. Although this seems like a great thing for more tree life to begin to appear, it actually is not good for the health of the tree. It can begin to compete against the other tree and thus take away food and energy from it.
We run into a lot of clients who ask the question, “when should we call a tree company?” The question that they are wanting answered is what situations should we cut down the tree ourselves or get someone to help us.
My answer to this question is about all each scenario. There is usually no one scenario that I can say do this every time. However, it is important to answer some of these questions to determine whether or not you should hire someone. We received these questions from Columbia Tree Service.
1) Is it a situation that you are going to be put in danger? For instance, has the tree fallen to the ground? Is it above your head? Will it be difficult for you to get to?
2) Will it require a ladder to cut it down? Sometimes it is in a place that is above your head. Will you need to be to use a ladder to get to it?
3) Do you know how to run a chainsaw? Do you have experience in this area?
4) Are you near anyone’s property? Are there certain rules that you need to follow in your subdivision?
All of these are great questions to be asking. We have found that if you are asking these questions, then more than likely you need to give a tree service company a call. They will have the expertise needed to answer your questions and to help you with your tree service problems.
We are very excited to bring our clients a new and coming blog. We are looking forward to presenting you with new and fresh information with regards to the tree industry. We will be answering questions like: how do you know if it is time to cut down a tree? what are the dangers in cutting down trees near your home? What should I look for in trees that are diseased? Can I move one of my trees to another area?
These are all questions that we would like to help our customers as they seek information about trees and tree services. If you are looking for help in the Philadelphia area, then we would love to be your tree service company. We are experienced and insured to protect you the home owner. Please feel free to give us a call.